IC 5070 The Pelican Nebula in Cygnus

is5070 Pelican Nebula in Cygnus taken by Trevor Jones
Above: IC 5070, The Pelican Nebula Imaged Tues., Sept 4, 2013
 17 subs 5 Minutes Each totaling 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
PHOTO DETAILS

Scope: Explore Scientific ED80 with WO Flat III 0.8x FR/FF
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro Synscan
Guiding: Meade DSI Pro II and PHD Guiding
Guide Scope: Orion Mini 50mm
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Stock)
ISO: 1600
Exposure: 1 hour 25 minutes (17 x 300s)
Processing Software: Calibration and Stacking in Deep Sky Stacker, Levels/Curves/Enhancements in Photoshop
Support Files: 15 bias, 15 darks
Thanks to my IDAS LPS filter, I have been able to image in my backyard in the city with decent results. Before I had the filter, a 3 minute exposure would be so washed out, that I could not make out the subject I was imaging until making a levels adjustment in Photoshop. Now, I can take 5 minute exposures at 1600 ISO with minimal effects of light pollution. 

Emission Neblulae like the North America Nebula, Pelican and California really don't show up well with a stock camera, but I have tried my best to pull out as much nebulousity as possible anyway. As the nights get cooler and longer, I will be switching my focus to fall objects in the coming weeks:)


North America Nebula dn Pelican Nebula taken by Trevor Jones
North America Nebula & Pelican Nebula/span>